The Effect of Employee Attitudes on the Performance in the Health Sectors. a Case Study: Nkozi Hospital
Author: NAMAZZI PRISCILLA
Supervisor: Prisca Kobusingye
Employee attitudes are crucial in most organizations in carrying out the allocated and available tasks for the organization to achieve its goals and objectives. The main purpose of the study was to analyze the effect of employee attitudes on the performance of Nkozi Hospital. Therefore, the study was based on the following objectives; To assess the effect of employee feelings or emotions on the performance of the health organization. To establish the effect of employee behavior on the performance of the health organization. To examine the effect of employee beliefs (cognitive) on the performance of the health organization.
Data was collected using a number of tools and these include; the use of questionnaires. The study was conducted basing on a sample size of 68 respondents working as health workers at Nkozi hospital.
The results indicated that majority of the respondents were females constituting of a percentage of 71.7% and the remaining percentage of 28.3% were male employees. The findings also revealed that majority of the health workers’ emotions affect their performance towards the hospital. Furthermore, most of the behaviors exhibited by the health workers affect the recovery rates of the patients at the hospital. Lastly, the findings revealed that the employee beliefs especially their religions greatly. Therefore, it was concluded basing on the study findings that the employee attitudes greatly affect the performance of the hospital.
Finally a number of recommendations were suggested and these include; The Hospital management scheduling of meetings which will give an opportunity for the Health workers to express all their grievances and emotions. Encouraging of the health workers to interact more with their patients in order to promote an efficient feedback. Lastly, providing more social trainings to workers that are outside the medicine field such as communication training.